Image Map

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Random Updates: Part 1

So here it is... what I have been up to for the months that I have been absent.  I will try to take you through a little journey of classroom and life through pictures! 

Currently this is taking over my life! Small groups! I had bought the light from Wal-Mart and the sign was a Christmas gift from a sweet student. When I realize the light was magnetic I immediately had an idea to through this sign together. I placed it behind my small group table. Therefore, when I am working in a group my kids can easily see the light on. :) 
I kind of love it. 

We have been focusing on Non-Sense words. I wrote lots and lots of them on cute cut outs. Now each time I meet with my group we can practice a new set of words. We have REALLY focused on blending and reading the whole word. I think the cute and colorful cut outs get my kids pretty excited (they like new cute things, like their teacher). 


Also, I recently found Mrs. Wills' Writing Station! I am truly in love with this concept. For January I added her make a list, story, or label it to my station. I put up the I Can list in clear sleeves above the paper bins with hold the appropriate papers. The clear sleeves make it easy so I can change the pear out each month. I also put the black line master behind the I Can List in the clear sleeve in case we need an extra copy. My kids REALLY enjoy going to the writing work station again! PTL. For February I added the "I Can make a Card". Ohmyword. That was the hot item of the week! 



In personal news, life has not slowed down. 
We celebrated my birthday with a full weekend of festivities. 

Started with a Mexican fiesta...

Then, birthday bowling in New Orleans :)


The cake my husband got for me. He knows me well. 

And if you are unaware, the South is in FULL Mardi Gras swing. 
2 balls down, 2 more to go. 
Birthday weekend Mardi Gras Ball...

My husband was a duke this year in his hometown ball and his mother was a past queen. 

Hopefully I will be able to write my part 2 update with lots of holiday activities that were going on this year! 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so many great ideas! I love all your writing station ideas!
    Nicole

    Check out my new website
    Livelaughteachfirstgrade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete