Image Map

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scrabble Spelling

In an attempt to make spelling practice more fun, I created this quick Scrabble Spelling Activity (which went with our Spelling words from 2 weeks ago).
I purchased the Scrabble letters from Scrappin' Doodles. Afterwards, I resized the tiles in order to fit these little plastic cups (you know the kind they usually give you your take-out condiments in). Then printed the letters on card stock and laminated.
I labeled the cubs 1-10. Therefore, if the student picked up the cup #2 they empty their cup and try to unscramble the letters to make a spelling word. Then, the student would write the spelling word on the #2 line. Simple activity and the students loved it. I attached the Scrabble letters I used and the recording sheet at the bottom! 



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. Going to try it out with my students

    ReplyDelete