Image Map

Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's all starting...

This is such a bitter sweet time of year... excited for the upcoming school year, sad to leave behind my summer social life. Ha.

Seriously though... look at my last few posts compared to the school year posts. The changes are coming... where the school hobby obsession takes over my life! This years goal: balance without killing myself trying to fit it ALL in! 

Now on to new teacher purchases (am I the only one that starts getting a lil' anxiety with all of the teacher purchases I make, ugh)While spending time away from home... the highlight of my day: Wal-Mart trip. Woo hoo. Anyways, while wandering around the Wal-Mart what did I find... the Scotch Thermal Laminator. It was the last one and I caved. I just... needed it. Right? Yep. In the cart it goes. Happy girl. 
  I also, stocked up on the necessities: new glue gun, card stock, post-its, scissors, binder, glue, posters... let the making of classroom decorations begin. 
 Also, remember I told you in a previous post that my BF bought my class some books while in NYC. These are the two books! They are adorable! Can't wait to read them to my kiddos! 

Now, on to the online shopping. This is where a problem can occur, am I right ladies? Its just a few clicks and done, new teacher stuff at your door in a week. I have had to make sure I am on a budget and I will not spend over. Fingers crossed. 

I found a lot of cute borders to go with my new rockstar room over at the website www.mardel.com. My new room will be filled with neon colors and zebra. I have been eyeing this rolling cart for OVER a year now. When I saw it was on sale. Click, in the cart. (Apparently, they were having a sale on Thursday... I'm not sure if this is a regular event or not but you cannot beat %20 off).
I also finally bought the Time Tracker I have been wanting. Most timers annoy me but I really like this one (saw it in ma girl Ms. Thomas' classroom). It's been on my wish-list so I clicked it and scored that too! 

Question: What all is on your Wish-List that you finally caved and bought?


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I bought a new rug at Target today, a couple chairs at Lowes and a saucer chair from Walmart. Siigh! Oh well, makes me and the kids happy!

    tekyteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart the Bernadette Peters book! I'm jealous! Actually to try some Dansko comfortable shoes for school was on my list and I got a cute pair online last night for $65! Can't wait to get them to try 'em!
    First Grade Frame of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. You purchased some really fun stuff. Makes me want to go on a shopping spree!

    http://firstgradewizards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Walmart yesterday and I also spent way too much!! How much did the laminator cost?
    It has been on my list and I think I might get one!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The laminator was only $26.00! I think its worth the purchase!

    ReplyDelete