Image Map

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Teenage Dream kind of mood...

 I am in a good mood because:
1. Today was the second day of the entire school year I had in my classroom alone, no students. Finally, got that work done I cannot accomplish with them in the classroom! (Besides the time I show up early or stay late to prepare for my weekly lessons) But I got to do some house cleaning!
2. I am wearing this bomb nail polish that has put Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" in my head on repeat. I can't even lie to you... I have really enjoyed seeing my nails sparkle on my document camera. Is this weird? Probably.

3. Mardi Gras is right around the corner and Holy Word I am ready. Unlike most of you, Southern LA did not get the snow day breaks. Whaa.
Regardless... I am ready for my 2 days off. Ready for New Orleans, the parades, the Mardi Gras Ball, the beads. And mainly ready to paint my face with glitter, wear my purple/ green/ yellow feathered Mardi Gras boa and dance in the street. And yes I do plan on doing all of that. 
 And to top off the Mardi Gras celebration, "The Park" always does a parade of Pre-K- 1st Graders.... SO CUTE! The kids drag their mini shoe box floats and throw beads to the rest of the school. Best day. 

Anyways, since I had so much time in my classroom today, I didn't have much to take home! So, I decided to upload my Journaling Sticks for you tonight :)
Click Here

Seriously guys, these sticks have been such an awesome tool! I have seen such creative writing taking place at the writing station! The journal topics really have gotten those juices flowing for my kids.
Also, at the end of the Journaling Topics document are Quiz Questions (Who are the characters, what is the setting, etc.) These are a great tool to use during small group time.

*There are 33 Journaling Topics and 15 Quiz Questions. I printed mine on Avery 1"x 2 5/8" (30 labels per sheet, Template 5160) Afterwards, I cut them down to fit on the large popsicle sticks. 


* And to top off the night, I finally figured out how to reduce my PDF sizes. About time. 
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea - I have these sticks and have been trying to figure out what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the journal prompts. I have been looking for some great ideas. I am your newest follower and a neighbor! I am in Hammond!!! Glad I found you. Please stop over at my blog!
    Darleen
    Third Grade Love

    ReplyDelete